Monday 14 March 2011

I have Graduated ...

...I know what you are thinking from the title. 'This is old news! You did that nearly 2 years ago (oh shit)!' I hear you cry (in my imagination. I seem to do a lot of imagining on this blog.)

However, I mean I have graduated from my manga/anime to JAPANESE DRAMA. Now I can sound cultured by watching Asian popular Television Shows, rather than feel slightly ashamed of how much I immerse myself in what is quintessentially Japanese comic books and cartoons. Not that this will stop me from reading said comic books and watching said cartoons, but rather that I have expanded by horizons some what.

I have watched 4 so far, Mei-chan no Shitsugi (which I watched right after finishing the manga), Zettai Kareshi (which I will read the manga for but MY GOD did I cry - I want to now just thinking about it), Nobuta wo Produce (people who know me, if I start coming out with weird things, namely to do with bicycles or hand gestures that go 'KON', it's probably from this) and Hana Kimi (which was enjoyable even though its a manga I have been avoiding). I just get super pissed off with the pop up adverts on the site I watch them from, especially when it is a French radio station that only starts 5 mins after it has opened and takes you unaware as you cant understand where the French is coming from in the middle of a load of Japanese.

I'm slowly picking up more and more Japanese though. Watching the news about Japan and I could pick up snippets of what the people were saying without the translator, which I think is exciting. I wonder if you can learn Japanese purely from watching anime and j-drama?

....


And its just occurred that I am posting a load of SHIT again.

Gomen nesai.

Its horrid about this whole thing with the Japanese quake and tsunami. You may have seen my twitter rant a few days ago. I read not too long ago that they have just found 1000 bodies, which is so sad. Its just good that Japan was relatively prepared for such an incident, although it doesn't make it any more heart breaking.

Anyway, I'm off now to make okonomiyaki for dinner.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment