Tuesday 8 November 2011

Hana Kimi Remake

Well, I said I'd do a review post when they had finally subbed the last two episodes of the Hana Kimi Remake, so now they have, and now I've watched it, here it is.

You may remember my first impression of this drama wasn't a particularly good one. I didn't understand the point of making another version of a much loved classic Japanese drama just 4 years later, especially when there was already a Taiwanese version out there and a Korean version much rumoured, although still no sign of it yet. The characters were pretty much the same, and the first episode was just far too familiar.

From there on, it improved in my eyes dramatically. Yes, I know you are probably sick of me saying it, but I ENJOYED THIS SERIES IMMENSELY. Yeah, I may have known exactly what was going to happen, but that didn't stop me from looking forward to each new episode. It was light hearted, easy to watch, made me laugh and brought tears to my eyes. And Sano and Nakatsu were hot. I think I prefer them to the originals, although pretty much every other character will always be the actors from the 2007 Hana Kimi for me.

Connections. Pretty much sure that there won't be a Gokusen link as they are all too young. Sano was in the Koizora movie (knew there was a reason why I loved him so much, although I don't know who he was). Nakatsu was in TV Koizora (omg Nozomu!!) and Gokusen 3, so I stand corrected there, although he is 23 as opposed to everyone else pretty much being born in the 90's. Kayashima was in Samurai High School, although I dont know as who, and that about as many people I can be bothered to look up. I can't say I recognised anyone until I looked them up, and I'm particularly disappointed in myself that I missed Nakatsu being NOZOMU even though he made me cry in Koizora.

OK THIS IS NOT FUNNY. I just looked up who Sano was in Koizora Movie, and he was Nozomu too. HOW THE HELL DID I MISS BOTH OF THEM BEING NOT ONLY MAJOR CHARACTERS BUT THE SAME EFFING PERSON IN THE ONLY JAPANESE DRAMA AND MOVIE THAT I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE?

Next is still Ikemen blah blah blah pissed off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment