Monday 12 December 2011

Kimi Ni Todoke

I feel bad for writing another review post when I only wrote one yesterday, but it was just a film, and obviously films don't take as long as a series to watch, so I'm forgiven, right?

Unless you are talking about High School Musical 3, that took me three days to watch. Too. Much. Cheese. I could only handle 30 mins at a time. But I digress.

Yeah, this film was enjoyable, if not predictable. It was sort of like Nobuta Wo Produce and a lot like countless mangas. It was exactly as I had predicted yesterday; super shy misunderstood girl meets super hot popular guy, she comes out of her shell and makes friends, he falls for her, she falls for him but doesn't understand what that means, they get together and live happily ever after. Sure, it was sweet and the characters were fun and it was very easy to watch, but the fact that I turned it off half way through in favour of sleep proves that it was nothing amazing. Normally, I choose what I'm watching over sleep without even thinking about it, and then watch another couple of episodes afterwards.

Also, I was a little freaked out by how the main guy smiled all the time. Like literally, he walked around smiling, looked out of windows smiling, sat down at his desk smiling, probably even smiled in his sleep. Yes, yes, I know, he was deeply in love and that makes you happy or whatever, but it was freaky. The only thing that made up for it was that I was just so happy that he was alive (this will make sense in the connections).

I have literally nothing else to say. Normally I can get at least three paragraphs out about the plot and my opinions, but I've said everything there is to share. I think this post sounds really negative. Its not, I really enjoyed it, and I'm pretty sure I was smiling the whole way through. I guess these days I am not so easily fooled into thinking a drama or film is awesome just because it is Japanese, as well knowing that it is the same plots being recycled over and over in subtly different ways. Also, this was listed at #47 I think, so obviously I cant expect it to be as good as the ones in the top #20.

The main guy, Kazehaya, was HIRO <3 in Koizora, as well as Kotaro in Samurai High School, and Gokusen 3, which I still haven't seen. The main girl, Kuronuma, is set to be Nao Kazaki in the new Liar Game (why do they recast the same character? Just get a new character). Yano, one of the girls to first befriend Kuronuma, was in Nobuta Wo Produce, but I have no idea as who, even though she seems to be a major character (it was a long time ago now).

Next, and last of Japanese media for a while, is Tumbling. I know nothing about this drama and unlike most others, I havent come across it anywhere else, but its #50, so here goes.

<3x

No comments:

Post a Comment