Tuesday 17 May 2011

Samurai High School

I had decided yesterday, when I finished watching Samurai High School, that I wasn't going to blog about it. But then, today, I realised that I shouldn't stop blogging about the stuff that I enjoy writing about just because my mother told me I was boring. So there.

This series was basically about a high school boy who gets possessed by his samurai ancestor. Hilarity ensues. Simple plot, really.

I wasn't sure about this before I started watching it, but as I mentioned before, I think after finishing Koizora, I wasn't in a place where I could envision anything that wasn't Koizora. I couldn't imagine going back to the high school comedy scenario that is so common in the popular Japanese dramas. However, this outlook didn't last long, and I found myself, thankfully, being able to really enjoy this drama. It was easy to watch, funny and entertaining. Nothing special, nothing to get sucked into, but enjoyable all the same.

I mostly enjoyed the samurai. Its amazing how much an angry expression, hair being tied back and a bit of eyeliner will make a guy look so much hotter, and that's how they distinguished normal Kotoro with Samurai Kotoro. I don't know HOW he always managed to find something to tie his hair up with in the middle of a fight when he changed, or why he always somehow lost his shirt when he transformed.  In one scene he was falling off a roof, and he managed to not only grasp hold of the guy falling with him, grab on to a tree to break his fall, tie his hair back BUT ALSO take of his shirt. All in the length of time it takes to fall a couple of storeys. That's impressive, even for a samurai.
 
From Google. 

So, the main guy, Kotoro, was also Hiro in the movie of Koizora, as well as being in Gokusen 3. His friend, Nakamura was Sano's rival in Hana Kimi. Kotoro's dad (great character, hugely entertaining) was Mika's dad in the Koizora drama. Kotoro's sister was Shin's sister in Gokusen.

See? Everything is linked to Gokusen.

Everything.

So now I was meant to be going back to #1 and watching the other Asian dramas. But I looked to see what was the next Japanese one instead, and got intrigued. So now I'm watching Kurosagi. Maybe I'll go to #50, then fill in the gaps, #30 was a bit of an odd place to stop. Oh, and I finished the manga of Koizora, and rather than go back to Hana Kimi, I'm re-reading Desire Climax, again. I hate the title, but the manga is awesome.

I might go back to footnoting what I'm watching and reading. That way, I probably wont talk about it as much and those who read this blog that care not for all this drama/manga/anime shit that I constantly spout can ignore it more easily.

In other news, I brought my new mannequin today! Its supposed to be a size 14/16, but I was looking at ts measurements, and its waist is still tiny. But it has a bigger bust, which is what I need it for more than anything. I also started work on breaking down the script for the short I have just got a job on as Chief Wardrober. I'm excited, I have what seems like a lot on the horizon, and even though I don't know when the majority of it will start, its still exciting to know its there.

Anyway, I have to go now, I hear tell that a new chapter and a new special episode of Kaichou wa Maid sama has been released, so I'm off to hunt those down before tea and a junk session with Inki.

<3 x

Watching: Kurosagi ep. 3.
Reading: Hana Kimi ch. 42 / Desire Climax ch. 22

No comments:

Post a Comment