Sunday 10 June 2012

Lie to Me

First I want to share with you the description of this series on dramacrazy.net.

'A romantic comedy about a woman in her mid 20s lying that she was forced into marriage and then thing that happen after that.'

...Right.

In essence, it's fairly accurate, excluding the bad grammar and general wording. One day, Ah Jung sees her first love and ex best friend as a happily married couple, and in order to save face in front of them, lies that she was married. Through various assumptions and chance encounters, somehow the young president of a reputable hotel, Gi Joon, gets involved in the lie, and the two make a contract to pretend to be married; Ah Jung infront of her friend, and Gi Joon to secure a business deal. Obviously the lie gets a little out of hand, they start to fall for each other, other people get in the way, the lie is revealed and the whole thing ends in a happily ever after with the two running towards each other across a meadow .... no, really.

 From Google. It was sweet, but I did *facepalm* at the cheesiness.

While I really enjoyed it at the start, I have to admit to loosing interest slightly when things started to get a little too peachy. I much more enjoyed the pretence rather than the actual romance, especially when the line started to blur. Also, I think a cola fight would be amazing in real life. I really liked the character of Sang Hee, Gi Joon's younger brother. He had fallen for his sister in law to be and forced the couple to break up a few years previously, and started to fall for Ah Jung even though he set her up with Gi Joon. It was a little disappointing that he played such a minor role in the latter half of the series, especially seeing as he got a new hot hair cut and had a sexy voice.

I actually don't have much else to say about this drama. I got through two thirds of this drama incredibly quickly, but the last few episodes really seemed to drag, and I would often only watch half an episode at a time. I did laugh out loud but I didn't cry, all the emotional scenes just weren't emotional enough. It was enjoyable, even if the end was a little focused on the leads rather than the many other major characters. However, it was nice to see Ah Jung looking like a girl, after seeing her as tomboy Eun Chan in Coffee Prince.

Next up is My Princess. I gather it is a cross between Mei-chan no Shitsugi and The Princess Diaries in Korean. So I'm basically imagining Princess Diaries where Mia falls for Joesph ... no wait ...*shudder* ...

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment